Valentines look book&make-up / day-to-night.

I'm sure you're all aware that it's valentines day. Are you having a palentines day with your pals or a romantic valentines with your partner? Or even "Netflix and chill"? Maybe you're chilling solo with a pizza and film for one? Gurl i feel ya!! I've created a day-to-night makeup look with four different outfits, two for the day time and two for the night time, all suitable for valentines day.

Day time make-up:

I kept this look really natural, subtle eyes and a nude lip. It's so easy to wear and the rosy tones fit in perfectly with the valentines vibe,
To begin this look I primed my face with the seventeen "skin wow, glow and prime, 3 way highlighter" I absolutely love this for giving me a really lovely glow to the skin. After primer I moved straight onto foundation, the foundation I used, was of course, my trusty "L'Oreal true match" in the shade rose vanilla . To conceal those dark circles and to highlight under the eye I mixed the "Collection lasting perfection concealer", shade fair and the "NYX HD studio photogenic concealer" in porcelain. The combination of the two concealers give really good coverage and highlight under the eye. I used my Real techniques "miracle complexion sponge" for blending both my foundation and concealer. Finally I set my base make-up in place using the "Rimmel stay matte powder" in the shade transparent, I applied this using my Real techniques "duo-fiber face brush". Once i had set my makeup i went onto my brows, to fill them in I used my trusty NYX "micro brow pencil" in Ash brown. I fill my brows in using gentle hair like strokes. It's now time to tidy up the brows and prime the eyes ready for eye-shadow, I did this using the same NYX concealer and stay matte powder. I used the Sleek "a new day pallet", I took the light pink shade and put that all over my lid and in my crease, adding a lilac colour on the outer v using the Real techniques "base shadow" brush blending the two together using the Real techniques "angled shadow brush".  I used the same pink and lilac shades on the bottom lash line, applying them using the same base shadow brush.  It was then time for mascara, I used the Bare minerals "lash domination" on the top lashes and left the bottom ones bare, i also used the Avon "glimmerstick" in black along the tight line.  Once I had finished the eyes I moved onto the rest of my face. I bronzed my face using the Collection "bronze glow matte" in terracotta, using my bronzing brush from an eBay set to apply. I followed on from this applying the Natural collection blush in the shade "Rosy glow" applying it with an angled blush brush from that same eBay set. Finally it's time for my all time favorite part of a make-up look, HIGHLIGHT!! For highlight I used the Sleek "Solstice" highlighting palette and I used the shade subsolar, I applied this using a small fan brush from my eBay set and I applied this to my cheekbones, forehead, brow bone and cupids bow..  Last but not least..the lips. Of course i used a trusty NYX "liquid suede" lipstick, I used the shade soft spoken, it adds the perfect rosy lip colour to compliment the eyes..perfect for a day time valentines look!

Daytime outfit No.1:  

This outfit is perfect for a more casual day!
The jumper adds a nice pop of lilac to match the valentines day vibes. I got this jumper on Asos market place and I paired it with my Mom jeans from Topshop.  To keep the outfit cool and casual I paired it with my black and white hi-top converse! I tend to wear this outfit if i'm going out for a walk or out with friends, it's so comfortable but looks like you've made the effort...when you really haven't! 

                                                              

Daytime outfit No.2:

This outfit is fab if your plans are a tad more formal, e.g. a "lunch date". The top I have under the pinafore is a basic cream roll neck from Primark, the Pinafore is from Primark too! I paired the combination with some basic black tights and my Dr martens in the "Polly" style, they're a super cute buckle shoe, they remind me of the school shoes I use to have!










Night-time Makeup:

I decided to make this look more dramatic, a bold lip with false lashes, more of a sultry look. This make-up look is perfect for a date-night or even a night out with your friends! I used two different lipsticks to create two looks. One with a metallic lip and one with a red matte lip.



 The base make-up is exactly the same as the day-time look. The only changes I made were a stronger contour and highlight and a different blush. To contour I used the Benefit "Hoola bronzer" applying it to underneath my cheekbones, temples, jawline and my nose for definition using the Real techniques "sculpting brush".  I enhanced the highlight using the same Sleek palette and I used the shades "hemisphere" and "equinox" I used the same fan brush from the day time look to apply this and I applied it to my cheekbones, brow bones, cupids bow, the tip of my nose and my forehead. The blush I used was the Sleek blush in "Rose gold" I applied this using the same angled blush brush as before. For the eyes I kept the same eye-shadow from the day-time look and enhanced the crease using "cover" from the Urban decay Naked 2 basics palette, using the same angled shadow brush as before . I applied a pale pink shimmer shade from the Sleek "A new day" palette all over the lid using my finger. I then of course added a bold wing to the look using the NYX "matte liquid liner". On the bottom lash line I used "cover" from the Naked 2 basics palette and used the Real techniques "Shading brush" to smoke it out.  The lashes that I used for this look were from eBay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vivis-Collection-5-Pairs-Premium-False-Eye-Lashes-Long-Natural-Fake-Eyelashes) in the style V101. I coated these using the same Bare minerals mascara.  Finally, the lips! to complete the metallic look i used the PS "precious metals lip crayon" from Primarks make-up range. To create the red matte lip I used the NYX "soft matte lip cream" in the shade Madrid.

Night-time outfit No.1:

This is a slightly more casual look for the evening. The distressed jumper dress I have on is from Newlook and my over the knee boots are also from Newlook. Of course the jumper is pink for valentines day! The boots are flats too so they're ideal if you want to be comfortable! The accessories I paired with the outfit are the grey tie choker from Boohoo and the Rose gold clutch from Primark. As you can see the clutch also has a long strap so it's easy to carry around! I wore this outfit to a casual night at the pub with my friends.












Night-time outfit No.2:

This outfit is aimed for a more formal evening out. The Black caged shift dress I have on is from Miss-guided and the heels are also from Miss-guided. The heels are a gorgeous blush pink so it adds a subtle pop of pink to the outfit, perfect for valentines day!

















Happy Valentines day my loves!

Comments